Testament Art Playing Cards
- Printed by WJPCC on the Highest Quality 310gsm linen stock. With Butter Finish coating for a smoother slip and fan!
- Full bleed One-Way Art faces.
- 100% Custom art.
- Limited Print run of up to 750 Decks.
- 52 Cards + 2 Custom Jokers + Gaff Card.
- Number Cards printed with subtle metallic inks.
- Both Jokers have a unique reveal.
- Unique embossed 'book sleeve' Tuck box, with a deluxe soft feel texture.
- Gold Gilded deck! as seen on the highly commended Kalevala cards by Sunish Chabba and WJPCC. Gilding can wear off with heavy use.
- Custom seals 1-750.
- Tuck sleeve fully customized with Embossing and Tuck with Gold Foils and internal printing.
- Specially designed as collectors item and for family use, although wonderful as a usable deck - this deck has been designed with collecting and casual fun use in mind - not specifically cardistry or magic.
From creator Ben Green:
I love cards. I love collecting cards, playing cards, watching my friends and family play cards. I also love designing cards.
I find myself regularly backing projects and seeking out designs which reflect some of the great works of fiction from history, of literature and art. It is fair to say that most of the better known eras of history, the best known books and the most famous people have had a deck creating in their honour. Mythology and History alike.
Yet not the characters from the Bible? Great stories such as Jonah and the Great Fish (whale), Sampson and Delilah, The many amazing stories of Moses - there are too many characters to consider and some amazing and defining stories which have shaped our lives whether Christian or not.
I started designing this deck over a year ago, to build a deck I wanted but could not buy. As each card came together, my daughter insisted on getting involved in the creation (She's 4 so more of a muse...) but I realized as I was bringing each character to life as I saw them, my daughter was learning more about the bible, more about the stories and characters.
And so, I bring you my vision of 'Testament' a biblical themed deck of cards. With a huge caveat, each deck bears the seal; "On opening this deck, I agree to the condition of sale that the cards may not be used for gambling purposes". This is an art deck for the love of cards and the art from the bible, not for a gambling aid. Gambling is considered a sin among Christian and many religions, the concept of using the images of saints and biblical characters - and one could say double so of the family of Jesus and Abraham - in order to act out such a sin could be considered blasphemous and insulting to the religion.
This was a significant consideration whilst building this deck, but my mind was settled when conducting my research; I found the Catholic Church of England & Wales themselves use the image of Jesus as the King of Hearts and using cards to help the youth to reflect on their relationships.
Ethnicity was another consideration, and has been discussed in some length with religious and scholarly experts. I decided to stay in line with traditional western interpretations of the Bible characters as I have based my cards on my own experiences of the Bible.
Some of the best art in the world is inspired by, or directly taken from the bible, and whilst this deck may not be up there with the masters, I hereby present you with my deck: Testament, an art deck for the collector. For the love of cards and art of the bible.
The illustrations are a combination of hand drawings and digital painting.